St Giles Primary School received £16, 650 in 2021-2022 to support sport in school.
The premium must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
Below is a breakdown of:
- A full breakdown of how we spent the funding or will spend the funding
- The impact of the premium on pupils' PE and sports participation and attainment
- How we ensure these improvements are sustained
St Giles Sports Funding was spent on:
- Qualified coaches to deliver PE lessons and provide CPD for staff
- Participation in inter-school sporting events
- Provide sporting after school clubs
- Purchasing and maintaining PE equipment
- Purchase of resources to develop outdoor learning and physical development in EYFS
Impact of this funding
- Every child from reception to year 6 has at least 2hours curriculum PE each week
- 45% of children participate in extra-curricular sports clubs in 2019-2020
- Our children took part in a number of different inter-school competitions